Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
McGet1982 McGet1982 is offline

Default Inserting Word Fields

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me. I work in a Human Resources Department. We
have many standard 'master' contracts, with standard fields such as 'Date',
'Name' 'Division' and 'Job Title'.

I would ideally like a data form, as in excel, but as far as i know, word
does not do this. Therefore i inserted word fields. The word fields prompt
boxes are displayed once i right click the field, and select 'Update Field'.
If i select all of the document (Ctrl + A), and then right click, and select
'Update Field'. Then one by one, the prompt box appears for each field i
have previously entered into the document.

It would be extremely helpful if i could have the document, upon opening, to
display all of these prompt boxes, without having to select all of the
document and selecting 'Update Fields'

I am undertaking Advanced Word ECDL and i am yet to find any solutions.

Please help me, as this would definately improve my organisations error
ratio, turnaround time and eventual smooth running.

Thank you.

Paul

P.s, I use Word XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"McGet1982" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Doug's user form is the more elegant solution, but you could use the update
example code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm saved in the
template as an autonew macro which will update the fields automatically on
creating a new document.