Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
m m is offline

Default Breaking source link for mail merge labels (word 2003)

Hello,
I have completed a labels mail merge from an excel source file.
The completed merge result is 41 pages of labels.
I would like to sevre the link to the source and edit my labels as a word
document.
However when I follow the Word help instructions of going to main document
set up and choosing normal word document, I only end up with one page of
labels.
I would like to have all the pages saved in one word document (with no link
to the excel file). Please provide any tips.

--
Much Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. Use View|Toolbars to enable the Mail Merge Toolbar.

2. Find and click the Merge to New Document button (it's near the right hand
end)

3. Follow that through.

(You can actually do this in the Mail merge Wizard but you have to follow
the instructions to the very end: they are a bit ambiguous and it is rather
easy to stop one step before the process is finished).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk