Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lorna Brakpan[_2_] Lorna Brakpan[_2_] is offline

Default how do I disable the mail merge task pane

how do I disable the mail merge task pane?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the View menu. select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge item.
That will cause the Mail Merge toolbar to be displayed and on that toolbar,
you will find a button for all of the things that you need to do to initiate
and complete a mail merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lorna Brakpan" wrote in message
how do I disable the mail merge task pane?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lorna Brakpan[_2_] Lorna Brakpan[_2_] is offline

Thanks Doug. I followed your instructions and discovered there is a
drop-down menu with all the options available, but no option to disable the
task pane. I am working in Word 2003.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the View menu. select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge item.
That will cause the Mail Merge toolbar to be displayed and on that toolbar,
you will find a button for all of the things that you need to do to initiate
and complete a mail merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lorna Brakpan" wrote in message
how do I disable the mail merge task pane?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John A[_2_] John A[_2_] is offline

You should be able to click 'View' up on your Menu bar and on the drop down
menu look for 'Task Pane'. If it's open (on the right side of your screen)
there's a check mark next to Task Pane. Simply clicking the word Task Pane
will cause the Mail Merge task pane to disappear. The reverse should work
also.

BTW: How does one post a New message to the Discussion Group? When I click
the New button & click Question, no window opens for me in which to compose
my question...
--
Thanks for your help

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you use the Mail Merge toolbar, you do not need to disable the task pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lorna Brakpan" wrote in message
Thanks Doug. I followed your instructions and discovered there is a
drop-down menu with all the options available, but no option to disable
the
task pane. I am working in Word 2003.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the View menu. select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge item.
That will cause the Mail Merge toolbar to be displayed and on that
toolbar,
you will find a button for all of the things that you need to do to
initiate
and complete a mail merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lorna Brakpan" wrote in message
how do I disable the mail merge task pane?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

After you click on the New button, you have to sign in using a Passport ID
and then a window opens in which there are fields for you to enter the
subject of your question and the question itself. Please make sure to
mention the version of Word that you are using.

Alternatively, access the newsgroup using a newsreader such as Outlook
Express.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you use the Mail Merge toolbar, you do not need to disable the task
pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lorna Brakpan" wrote in message
Thanks Doug. I followed your instructions and discovered there is a
drop-down menu with all the options available, but no option to disable
the
task pane. I am working in Word 2003.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the View menu. select Toolbars and then check the Mail Merge