Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
anne anne is offline

Default How do I delete an existing mail merge document from Word

I have created temporary mail merge documents. How can I delete them from
the list within Word when it asks for "start from existing" (when I am
starting a new mail merge doc).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Instead of using the Wizard (which is I assume where you are seeing that,
because I don't use the Wizard and have never seen it), select Toolbars from
the View menu and then click on the Mail Merge item. That will cause the
Mail Merge toolbar to be displayed and on that toolbar, you will find
buttons for performing each step of a mail merge from beginning to end.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Anne" wrote in message
I have created temporary mail merge documents. How can I delete them from
the list within Word when it asks for "start from existing" (when I am
starting a new mail merge doc).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Doug's suggestion is covered in pictures at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

"Anne" wrote in message
I have created temporary mail merge documents. How can I delete
them from the list within Word when it asks for "start from
existing" (when I am starting a new mail merge doc).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
anne anne is offline

Yes... It is using the wizard. I like to use the wizard because I have some
mail merges that I often use, but I would like to be able to delete the ones
I no longer need. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for you help.

Anne