Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TLC TLC is offline

Default Truncating time format in Word merged document

This is probably a lame question.... I have a time in Excel (10:00:00 AM)
formatted in Excel to eliminate the seconds (10:00 AM), but when I merge the
field into a Word merge doc, it displays as 10:00:00 AM. I want to eliminate
the seconds from displaying in the merged Word document. Any guidance will
be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Press Alt + F9 to toggle the display the field codes and inside the
closing } add the following formatting switch:

\@ "hh:mm AM/PM"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.