Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
StargateFan StargateFan is offline

Default Can case be pre-determined so that merged document has correct upper and title cases?

I was wondering, as I've never had this come up before, if we can
pre-set what the case of the finished, merged document? For example,
my intention later on today at work is to create the source, data file
in Excel with first and last name fields. Hopefully the person can
just enter both in title case.

But in the Word label document, will need one of 4 labels to be like
this:

LAST NAME, First Name

while the other 3 will have their format as

First Name Last Name.

Can this be done? Thanks! D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
StargateFanFromWork[_2_] StargateFanFromWork[_2_] is offline

"StargateFan" wrote in message
I was wondering, as I've never had this come up before, if we can
pre-set what the case of the finished, merged document? For example,
my intention later on today at work is to create the source, data file
in Excel with first and last name fields. Hopefully the person can
just enter both in title case.

But in the Word label document, will need one of 4 labels to be like
this:

LAST NAME, First Name

while the other 3 will have their format as

First Name Last Name.

Can this be done? Thanks! D

Hi, everyone! I'm at the office now so hoping someone knows the answer to
this one. I don't know how to do this, if it can even be done. I'm hoping
for some code we can put before/after the field code in the pertinent labels
when we need the one label to show last name in upper case.

Thanks so much. D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Simple enough using switches
eg {Mergefield LastName \*Upper} will give you LASTNAME
see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

StargateFan wrote:
I was wondering, as I've never had this come up before, if we can
pre-set what the case of the finished, merged document? For example,
my intention later on today at work is to create the source, data file
in Excel with first and last name fields. Hopefully the person can
just enter both in title case.

But in the Word label document, will need one of 4 labels to be like
this:

LAST NAME, First Name

while the other 3 will have their format as

First Name Last Name.

Can this be done? Thanks! D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Simple enough using switches
eg {Mergefield LastName \*Upper} will give you LASTNAME
see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Thank you, thank you! I never knew about these switches. Great. Will try
it out today when I make the merge files.

Cheers. D

StargateFan wrote:
I was wondering, as I've never had this come up before, if we can
pre-set what the case of the finished, merged document? For example,
my intention later on today at work is to create the source, data file
in Excel with first and last name fields. Hopefully the person can
just enter both in title case.

But in the Word label document, will need one of 4 labels to be like
this:

LAST NAME, First Name

while the other 3 will have their format as

First Name Last Name.

Can this be done? Thanks! D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
StargateFan StargateFan is offline

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:41:51 -0500, "StargateFanFromWork"
wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Simple enough using switches
eg {Mergefield LastName \*Upper} will give you LASTNAME
see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Thanks for this link here. When I did the changes the first time, it
didn't work. I needed to follow the instructions given on this page.
Worked beautifully!