Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gotta question gotta question is offline

Default Formulas in Word

Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how to create a formula field that totals other
firled? i.e., do I have to give all the other fields names, then write a
formula to total the values in those named fields, or is it as easy as in
excel where you can select the fileds you want to total?

Never done this before, so 'layman's' help would be best I think.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What sort of fields do you want to total?

The principle is simple enough - to add two fields together you simply
create a field structure similar to

{= {REF Field1} + {REF Field2}}

The only provisos are that the fields - here REF fields - contain only
numbers and that the field boundary pairs are intered either from insert
field or by using CTRL+F9.

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm useful.