Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mindie Mindie is offline

Default Spell Checker

When I type up a document and then click on Spell Checker at the top of
Office 2007 it gives me the following error, " Cannot find proofing tools for
English (U.S.) All I want to do is just check my spelling to make sure that
I didn't misspell anything. I don't want the proofing tools.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Proofing tools" is Microsoft's name for the Office components that include
the spelling checker, thesaurus, hyphenation lexicon, etc. You must have the
proofing tools installed if you want to check spelling. Try rerunning setup
to make sure that the Proofing Tools component is set to "Run from my
computer."

"Mindie" wrote in message
When I type up a document and then click on Spell Checker at the top of
Office 2007 it gives me the following error, " Cannot find proofing tools
for
English (U.S.) All I want to do is just check my spelling to make sure
that
I didn't misspell anything. I don't want the proofing tools.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mindie Mindie is offline

I went in an uninstalled the program and reinstalled it to see if it would
give me the option but there was no option for the Proofing Tools Component

"Mindie" wrote in message
When I type up a document and then click on Spell Checker at the top of
Office 2007 it gives me the following error, " Cannot find proofing tools
for
English (U.S.) All I want to do is just check my spelling to make sure
that
I didn't misspell anything. I don't want the proofing tools.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was no need to uninstall and re-install the program. That would leave
Word in exactly the same state as you started. Re-run the setup (from
Windows Control Panel add or remove programs - select 'Change') at the next
dialog select 'Add or Remove features' Proofing tools are in the Office
Shared Features group. If they are already selected unselect them and
complete the installation, then run it again and select them.

"Mindie" wrote in message
When I type up a document and then click on Spell Checker at the
top of Office 2007 it gives me the following error, " Cannot find
proofing tools for
English (U.S.) All I want to do is just check my spelling to make
sure that
I didn't misspell anything. I don't want the proofing tools.

Spell Checker - Office 2007 wiped out my spell checker Paul T, Houston Texas Microsoft Word Help 10 January 4th 09 05:44 AM
How do I fix my spell checker? PharmGirl Microsoft Word Help 3 October 25th 07 03:07 PM
Spell checker SF New Users 2 July 11th 06 02:06 AM
please make spell checker as efficient as Word Perfect's checker williamiain Microsoft Word Help 1 November 7th 05 06:01 PM
Spell checker Joe Microsoft Word Help 1 October 17th 05 07:51 PM