Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George B. George B. is offline

Default OFFICE 2007 Word

When typing the name of a month, Word does NOT complete it for me after the
first 4 letters. This worked OK in Office 2003. the Help function says it
cannot be turned off, so..... can I turn it on ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I don't know what to tell you as it works fine here - days as well as
months. Are you saying that the AutoComplete ScreenTip doesn't display once
the 4 characters are typed or that the name doesn't complete when you press
enter (or both)?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 12:45 PM, in article
, "George B." George
wrote:

When typing the name of a month, Word does NOT complete it for me after the
first 4 letters. This worked OK in Office 2003. the Help function says it
cannot be turned off, so..... can I turn it on ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Date AutoComplete can be turned off using a macro (see
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com/2...in-word-2007/).
This suggests that a corrupted Options or Data key in the registry can
effectively make Word think that it's turned off. My suggestion would be to
start Word using the /a switch (Start - winword.exe /a) and see if date
AutoComplete now works. If so, then try renaming the Data and/or Options
keys in the registry, to see if a corrupted registry key is the problem
(that's where settings are stored, and a corrupted key can confuse Word, as
well as prevent Word from storing setting changes the user makes).

The Data and Options keys both can be found here in the registry in Word
2007:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
.. .