Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jtsafnat jtsafnat is offline

Default strange fonts when printing envelope

When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the return
address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and Labels"
field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

So what's 'strange' about it? Just saying you're getting "strange characters" isn't very helpful.

Are you sure the return address is formatted with a font that is available on your system?
Have you tried running 'Detect and Repair' from Word's Help menu?
Have you tried reinstalling the font?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"jtsafnat" wrote in message ...
When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the return
address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and Labels"
field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jtsafnat jtsafnat is offline

When I am saying 'strange' I mean as an example: !"#$#% etc. some of these
strange character are even overtyped (" overtyped on .) and spacing
diminished.
I tried few different fonts when typed the return address, all of them look
perfect on my display before and after printing. Only on the printout I am
getting those strange characters.
I did not try the 'Detect and Repair' and I don't know how to do it, please
help.
The fonts I am using are normal Office fonts, and I don't have any problem
displaying or printing the Address itself.

Anyway thank you, and hope you can elaborate with a solution.

"jtsafnat" wrote in message ...
When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the return
address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and Labels"
field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi jtsafnat,

Which version of Word are you using?

For Word 2007, run the Office Diagnostics, which you can to via Word_Options|Resources.

Given you additional information, the document may be corrupt or the problem may be with your print driver.

Do other applications print satisfactorily? If not, the problem is most likely with the print driver, and you will need to
re-install/replace it.

Do other Word documents print satisfactorily? If so, your document may be corrupt, in which case, you might find that copying the
undamaged portions to a new document and recreating the return address portion will cure the problem.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"jtsafnat" wrote in message ...
When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the return
address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and Labels"
field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jtsafnat jtsafnat is offline

Hi macropod
My Word version is: Word 2007 (12.0.6212.1000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000)
I tryed the Diagnostics, and got non problems in all tests.
I printed just a few documents, without any problem at all.
When printing the address on the envelope, the address itself print is
perfect (few different fonts tested), BUT the return address is corrupted for
some reason.
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat

"jtsafnat" wrote in message ...
When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the return
address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and Labels"
field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

When you select the envelope tool, do you have an address in the return
address window?
If so, select it and delete it.

Add an envelope to a document. You should get a prompt to save the new
address. Do so.

Repeat, restoring your correct address (though personally I prefer not to
have a return address here and use the method at
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm to add a return
address when required.)

or

Use the following macros. The first one will set the user address to zero.
Run it then create an envelope and save the address at the prompt

Sub Macro1()
Application.UserAddress = ""
End Sub

The second will put your address back - change the parts to match your real
address. Run the macro then create another envelope and save at the prompt.

Sub Macro2()
Application.UserAddress = "1 My Street" & vbCr & _
"My Town" & vbCr & "My Country"
End Sub

See also http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

"jtsafnat" wrote in message
When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the
return address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and
Labels" field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing
address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat

Printing 6X9 Envelope to HP4000TN w/Envelope Feeder LeaseGuy Microsoft Word Help 0 September 11th 06 02:11 AM
Envelope Fonts mike New Users 4 February 6th 06 05:41 PM
Fonts look strange SP New Users 1 August 24th 05 09:06 AM
Strange formatting in table of contents: fonts different colours ChristineP Microsoft Word Help 6 April 6th 05 03:12 PM
A strange printing error Kat Formatting Long Documents 1 December 1st 04 04:16 AM