Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers removing all headers and footers is offline

Default MS word

How do I get rid of all headers and footers at once, and fix the template so
none ever appear? I never use them, but somehow they creep in. JF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To delete headers and footers in a document: Activate the header/footer
view, for examply by double-clicking the header. Then delete the header and
footer contents.

Note that each Word section can have up to three different headers (and
footers), namely, if the "Different odd and even" and "Different first page"
options are both checked in the Page Layout dialog box. Each type of header
(footer) must be deleted separately. For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

To delete headers and footers in a template, you'll do the same as for
documents. Just remember to open the template as a document (via the Open
dialog box) first.

If you want a macro solution, here's a simple one:

Sub DeleteHeadersAndFooters()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Text = ""
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Text = ""
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Text = ""

s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Text = ""
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Text = ""
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Text = ""

Next s
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"removing all headers and footers" wrote in message
How do I get rid of all headers and footers at once, and fix the template
so
none ever appear? I never use them, but somehow they creep in. JF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Oh, also , can I delete headers and footers in the styles and formatting pane
somehow, they keep coming back after I delete them there? thanks, Joe

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can choose which styles to display in the pane; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/sfpa...atUseTheSFPane.