Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klips Klips is offline

Default Table of Figures

Hi all,

I've got a quick question. Is it possible to create a table of figures
that lists the figure number and caption as well as the page number
but doesn't put the lable "Figure" in front? This is what I mean:

1.1 The Fountain, Marcel Duchamp .................. 1
1.2 The Bottlerack, Marcel Duchamp ................ 2

Where the actual figures are captioned as:

Figure 1.1: The Foundtain, Marcel Duchamp
Figure 1.2: The Bottlerack, Marcel Duchamp

If anyone has any suggestions I would be thankful.

Regards,

Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

I found the following instructions that may help you:

Split each figure caption by pressing Enter after the figure number. Press
Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks. Then format the paragraph mark
(ΒΆ) as hidden. As you update the table of figures, only the first paragraph
will be included. In print and print preview, however, you will see all the
text on one line.

Note that if the TOF is created based on styles rather than on figure
captions, you will have to apply a different style to the newly created
paragraphs, containing the figure text.

A different approach is to use TC fields to generate the table of figures,
instead.

Come back if this does or doesnot work for you.
DeanH