Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jay jay is offline

Default Transition to 2007

I've moved "up" to 2007 with uncertainty. Recently did something to Word
that change the default setting in Normas.dot. My default color for
characters does not include black, the pallet has changed. I've tried to
change themes with no satisfaction. I'm at a loss for changing the defauts
back and resaving normal.dotx.

While on the subject of normal, there are dotm and dotx. What is the
difference and how do I use the dotm? dotx is the default.

I'm trying to use 2007 on XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"jay" wrote in message
I've moved "up" to 2007 with uncertainty. Recently did something to Word
that change the default setting in Normas.dot. My default color for
characters does not include black, the pallet has changed. I've tried to
change themes with no satisfaction. I'm at a loss for changing the
defauts
back and resaving normal.dotx.

Exit Word. Search for normal.dotm in Windows (be sure to search hidden files
and folders). Rename the file. As you restart Word, a new, fresh copy will
be created (which has the default settings).

While on the subject of normal, there are dotm and dotx. What is the
difference and how do I use the dotm? dotx is the default.

I'm trying to use 2007 on XP.

*.dotx is a template that cannot contain macros; *.dotm is a template that
can contain macros.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP