Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Matthew[_2_] Matthew[_2_] is offline

Default Word is removing spaces, stacking all characters in one space

One of my users, with Word 2003 and a fairly new computer, occasionally has
the following problem:

He sends a document to a printer. After clicking OK on the print screen,
MOST (not all) lines of the document get compacted so that all characters in
that line are appearing in the first column. Those lines are completely
illegible. All characters are stacked on top of each other, in the space of
one character.

If we copy that stack and paste it into Notepad, the text appears.

If we go to File View, it's set to Print view. If we change that to Web
view, the problem goes away - the text becomes readable again.

I am baffled. Anyone have any insights? Is there another newsgroup I could
post to?

Many thanks in advance!

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Matthew,

It's a bug that is apparently related to an interaction between Word
Add-ins (Redaction is one) and some printer drivers and Word temp files.

You can often undo it by using File=Print and switching to another printer then back, or close Word and recycle the files you find
using
Start=Search
then restart Word.

--