Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jpcurtislaw jpcurtislaw is offline

Default Preview doc before opening

In word 2003 I could preview doc before opening in the open doc window. I
can't figure out how to do this in wood 2007. Is this still possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Have you also switched to Windows Vista?

If so, Preview is no longer listed as a View. Instead, when you go into the
Open dialog click the Organize Button, go to Layout & choose Preview Pane.
Keep in mind that not all files present a preview... and it doesn't look
like 2007 format Word docs are among those that do.

You might also want to turn on the Details Pane from the same menu and try
using Extra Large Icons from the Views Button.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones