Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default Scrolling word 2007 - zoom of one page vs. two pages

When a zoom of one page is selected, I can scroll "continuously" through a
document - the page at the location of the scroll slider is directly
displayed. This is the type of scroll I like. However, if I set zoom to two
pages and I use the scroll slider, only the page number is shown. Only after
releasing the slider the page is shown. Is it possible to scroll directly
through my documents in a two page view?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I don't believe that can be modified. Have you tried using the down-arrow
button at the bottom of the scroll bar rather than dragging the scroll bar
button itself?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"ChrisB" wrote in message
When a zoom of one page is selected, I can scroll "continuously" through a
document - the page at the location of the scroll slider is directly
displayed. This is the type of scroll I like. However, if I set zoom to
two
pages and I use the scroll slider, only the page number is shown. Only
after
releasing the slider the page is shown. Is it possible to scroll directly
through my documents in a two page view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

The down-arrow button does scroll directly, but also very slow like the
mousewheel. For large documents this is not very practical.

"ChrisB" wrote in message
When a zoom of one page is selected, I can scroll "continuously" through a
document - the page at the location of the scroll slider is directly
displayed. This is the type of scroll I like. However, if I set zoom to
two
pages and I use the scroll slider, only the page number is shown. Only
after
releasing the slider the page is shown. Is it possible to scroll directly
through my documents in a two page view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chris,

If you click the mouse wheel to turn on autoscroll then drag the mouse down the page do you get the behavior you wanted?

=============
"ChrisB" wrote in message ...
The down-arrow button does scroll directly, but also very slow like the
mousewheel. For large documents this is not very practical.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Ah, the autoscroll feature does work and is a lot quicker than the
mousewheel. However I find it a little difficulty with the accuracy. These
options proposed here do work, but in my opinion not as good as should be
possible with the slider bar (as is the case for one page).

"ChrisB" wrote in message ...
The down-arrow button does scroll directly, but also very slow like the
mousewheel. For large documents this is not very practical.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Not arguing the point, but the "slider" is intended to expedite getting you
from page B of Z to page N of Z without the system having to draw all the
pages in between.

If you want fast scrolling how about repeatedly clicking or holding on the
scroll bar itself above or below the slider? Or using the Page Up/Down keys?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones