Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default Footer Fields

is there a field that can have different text in it for every Header of
Footer where it is used. I would like to have a "Revision Date" that could
be different on every footer of a document. Currently the only way I can do
this is to create a section break between every page. This is too cumbersom
so if I make revisions on one page I create a revision date for the whole
document. Why can't a field be created that could contain different text on
every footer of header if one doesn't exist.
--
JSS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The whole point of a footer is that it continues throughout the pages it
applies to. The only type of variable field that you could use would be a
Styleref field which could be used to reproduce text from the page, but if
it changes with each page, it would be simpler just to use a borderless text
box place over the footer area on the page containing a date (not a date
field).

Scott wrote:
is there a field that can have different text in it for every Header
of Footer where it is used. I would like to have a "Revision Date"
that could be different on every footer of a document. Currently the
only way I can do this is to create a section break between every
page. This is too cumbersome so if I make revisions on one page I
create a revision date for the whole document. Why can't a field be
created that could contain different text on every footer of header
if one doesn't exist.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Thanks for this simple approach.
I keep automatic paganation, can force page breaks as needed and can date
each page with the "Revision Date" that applies to that page and I do not
need section breaks (a constant pain) between each page.

Thanks again!
--
JSS