Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Default Reminders in Word

Using Word 2002, SP3

The user has a 13-pg outline document. Originally she pulled it into
Outlook 2002 as a task so she could set reminders to prompt her when things
need to be completed. She is finding there is way too much scrolling
involved this way so has put the document back into Word. She wants to know
if there is any way Word can provide her with reminders of when various tasks
within the document need to be completed such as she had with Tasks in
Outlook. I can't think of anything. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!
--
Brenda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:35:03 -0800, Brenda from Michigan
wrote:

Using Word 2002, SP3

The user has a 13-pg outline document. Originally she pulled it into
Outlook 2002 as a task so she could set reminders to prompt her when things
need to be completed. She is finding there is way too much scrolling
involved this way so has put the document back into Word. She wants to know
if there is any way Word can provide her with reminders of when various tasks
within the document need to be completed such as she had with Tasks in
Outlook. I can't think of anything. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

Word doesn't have anything like that built in. If you want to learn macro
programming, you could write a macro that checks the date each time Word starts
(assuming you start it every day) and pops up a message when the designated day
arrives.

But why go to all that trouble? Even though the document itself isn't in
Outlook, you can still create a task there. When the reminder appears, you just
have to click the document in Windows Explorer (or a desktop shortcut to it, if
you make one) to start Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman