Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dirtbike Dirtbike is offline

Default Pressed overwrite instead of append

I got a frantic call from a user that when asked if he wanted to overwrite
the text or append to the text with the pictures he wanted he answered
overwrite. By the time I got involved I'm thinking it was too late becasue
he should have been able to close and no save changes. He is XP with
WORD2003 and shadow copy turned OFF. I looked for stranded files starting
with "~" but no joy. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Any suggestions?

Try to write coherently.

If you, or your frantic user, has saved - and closed - a document there is
no going back. If it has not been closed you may be able to undo all the
changes, whether or not it's been saved.

If you have backup and recovery facilities turned off you don't get backup
and recovery. Word does not provide this kind of feature itself.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Dirtbike" wrote in message
I got a frantic call from a user that when asked if he wanted to overwrite
the text or append to the text with the pictures he wanted he answered
overwrite. By the time I got involved I'm thinking it was too late
becasue
he should have been able to close and no save changes. He is XP with
WORD2003 and shadow copy turned OFF. I looked for stranded files starting
with "~" but no joy. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Any suggestions?

Try to write coherently.

Best advice of the day!
Not only does it address the matter at hand, but it also carries with it a
hint of wisdom that one can use in all spheres of life...

lol