Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gtw1000@aol.com is offline

Default Importing Excel Tables

I am attempting to import an Excel table into the appendix of my
document. I would love for it to keep the formatting that is in
Excel
- unfortunately it is not. I have tried several different ways of
selecting the table and inserting it, I have also tried to insert it
as an object. It is only 105 rows and 6 columns of data for heaven's
sake!
The page will fit nicely onto legal size paper in the landscape
layout. I have created a section break at the appendix and formatted
the page to landscape legal with extremely small margins. When I
paste, or import the table, it shows up in extremely tiny font (if
there was a negative font I think I may have found it) and does not
split out to multiple pages. Any suggestions? I'm using Word and
Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Feb 27, 2:06*pm, wrote:
I am attempting to import an Excel table into the appendix of my
document. *I would love for it to keep the formatting that is in
Excel
- unfortunately it is not. *I have tried several different ways of
selecting the table and inserting it, I have also tried to insert it
as an object. *It is only 105 rows and 6 columns of data for heaven's
sake!
The page will fit nicely onto legal size paper in the landscape
layout. *I have created a section break at the appendix and formatted
the page to landscape legal with extremely small margins. *When I
paste, or import the table, it shows up in extremely tiny font (if
there was a negative font I think I may have found it) and does not
split out to multiple pages. *Any suggestions? I'm using Word and
Excel 2003.

For anyone who experiences this problem and finds this post this is
the solution that was found (kind of):

By selecting and copying the entire table in MS Excel and then
performing a Paste Special Formatted Text (RTF) I was able to drop
the table with most of the formatting in it still. I did have to go
back and merge some cells, adjust some columns, and replace some
borders. At least it kept the text legible and in consistent cells
though. It took me between 45 minutes and an hour to get it back into
a good format after pasting.

Word Tables (Importing Data) Adam@MGI Microsoft Word Help 3 April 14th 07 03:08 PM
Best Method of Importing Excel Tables erik_gregory Microsoft Word Help 1 March 6th 07 06:59 AM
Importing from Excel tgash Tables 1 June 7th 06 07:18 PM
Importing tables from Excel Island Girl New Users 3 May 26th 06 09:37 PM
Importing Tables Jason Tables 1 July 14th 05 12:46 AM