Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Question Boy[_2_] Question Boy[_2_] is offline

Default TOC Styles

In my TOC I have TOC 1 style being used. When I click on a specific level it
indicates that the style applied is TOC 1, but yet it isn't? It should be
Arial and yet it is Times New Roman. If I reapply the TOC 1 nothing happens.
If I apply another style and then apply TOC 1 style it is good until I do an
update table on the TOC and I'm back to the beginning! Anyone know why this
is happening and how to stop it once and for all?

QB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Question Boy[_2_] Question Boy[_2_] is offline

Further testing has revealed that the heading text is Times and yet the page
numbering is Arial (as it should).

I manually made the changes and the performed an update 'style' to match
selection and then updated the table and it did not do it. Back to the
original state.

QB

"Question Boy" wrote:

In my TOC I have TOC 1 style being used. When I click on a specific level it
indicates that the style applied is TOC 1, but yet it isn't? It should be
Arial and yet it is Times New Roman. If I reapply the TOC 1 nothing happens.
If I apply another style and then apply TOC 1 style it is good until I do an
update table on the TOC and I'm back to the beginning! Anyone know why this
is happening and how to stop it once and for all?

QB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Question Boy[_2_] Question Boy[_2_] is offline

What is even more confusing is the fact that when I mod the TOC 1 style and
it updates on the screen on the Page numbers update in style, but the actual
heading text and dashes remain unchanged?

"Question Boy" wrote:

In my TOC I have TOC 1 style being used. When I click on a specific level it
indicates that the style applied is TOC 1, but yet it isn't? It should be
Arial and yet it is Times New Roman. If I reapply the TOC 1 nothing happens.
If I apply another style and then apply TOC 1 style it is good until I do an
update table on the TOC and I'm back to the beginning! Anyone know why this
is happening and how to stop it once and for all?

QB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

TOC entries will pick up direct formatting from the headings they reflect.
Have you applied Times New Roman to the headings as direct formatting
(rather than as part of the Heading 1 style)?