Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron G. Ron G. is offline

Default Light Printing on Envelopes w/ MS Word 2002

When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very light.

Help?

Thx.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some printers use composite black (made up of the inks in the color
cartridge) instead of true black (from the black ink cartridge) for
envelopes and other smaller paper sizes. So it may be that you need a new
color cartridge.

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron G.[_2_] Ron G.[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

It's not a color printer. It's a Samsung M-1210.

However, the same thing happens at my office computer, which has a different
Samsung printer (1710, I think).

Ron

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, scratch that idea, then! You might check to make sure that "Draft
output" isn't checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options and that there's
no draft setting enabled in the printer Properties.

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check that the font colour for the Envelope Address and Envelope Return
fields is Black and not Auto.

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very
light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron G.[_2_] Ron G.[_2_] is offline

Graham,

This sounded like a possible answer, but it didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Thx.

Ron

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very
light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron G.[_2_] Ron G.[_2_] is offline

Suzanne,

The "draft output" isn't checked and I don't see a "draft setting" under
printer properties.

Thx.

Ron

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this happened only on envelopes and not plain paper pretending to be an
envelope, I'd think it might have something to do with the paper surface,
but that's clearly a nonstarter. I'm out of ideas. Are you using the same
font (at the same size) that you use in ordinary documents?

"Ron G." Ron wrote in message
When I print an envelope, the print is very light.

It doesn't matter if I use manual feed or automatic feed.

Even if I print an envelope on regular paper, the print is very
light.

Help?

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Just for the hell of it, download the envelope template samples from my web
site and see if they work any differently.