Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fidelco Foster Fidelco Foster is offline

Default saving 2007 word docs to a flashdrive

I have Word 2007 and cannot save a Word 2007 doc nor a Word 2007 Compatible
doc to my flashdrive. I get an error message that says something like
"target cannot accept this type of file". I have available space on the
flashdrive and also have had no trouble saving pre-2007 docs to it. Any
ideas? I am using XP Pro. My flashdrive is a Super=Talent Super Flash USB
2.0 Flash. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:42:01 -0800, Fidelco Foster Fidelco
wrote:

I have Word 2007 and cannot save a Word 2007 doc nor a Word 2007 Compatible
doc to my flashdrive. I get an error message that says something like
"target cannot accept this type of file". I have available space on the
flashdrive and also have had no trouble saving pre-2007 docs to it. Any
ideas? I am using XP Pro. My flashdrive is a Super=Talent Super Flash USB
2.0 Flash. Thanks

Don't try to save directly from Word to any removable media. Even if it looks
like you can do it, you're risking your document (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm).

Always save to the hard drive, close the document in Word, and then copy or move
the file to the flash drive. Similarly, before starting to edit the document,
copy it from the flash drive to the hard drive and work on it there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fidelco Foster[_2_] Fidelco Foster[_2_] is offline

Thanks for taking the time to reply Suzanne. It worked fine. First time I
have used this discussion group but it is great. Thanks again. Fidelco
Foster