Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian B Brian B is offline

Default Field with section specific text to display in TOC body & and Foot

The easy question is
'can I get field codes to change between different sections of a document'?

Here is what I want to do:
I have a large template document with multiple sections, each of which is
multiple pages. Each section starts with a 'section specific text-title'
which does not change (i.e. numbering doesn't work for me) such
as'Procedure', 'Checksheet 1', 'Checksheet I-15', Checksheet G-10', etc. The
text-title has a custom heading that I have included in the TOC so that the
checksheet names gets included in the TOC.
Users customise their document by deleting sections they don't want. What I
need is the section's text-title to remain unchanged within the section. I
then want to include this text-title to apear once at the start of the
section (in the body text, or better in the header) and also in the footer of
each page in the section...

Can this be done?
Thanks, Brian.
--
Long live the internet !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To display the text of the current paragraph using a particular style, use
the following field in the header (or footer): { STYLEREF "Name of custom
style here" }.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP