Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jem@asllp jem@asllp is offline

Default Text form field

I'm now using Word 2007 and want to insert a 'text form field' like I used to
be able to do from the Forms toolbar in 2003. It's driving me crazy trying
to find how to do it. I made enquiries which took me to the Controls section
on the Developer tab, but that's not what I want. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You have almost found it. :-) On the Developer tab, click the Legacy Tools
button: under "Legacy Forms," you'll find the well-known form fields from
previous versions of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jem@asllp" wrote in message
I'm now using Word 2007 and want to insert a 'text form field' like I used
be able to do from the Forms toolbar in 2003. It's driving me crazy
trying
to find how to do it. I made enquiries which took me to the Controls
section
on the Developer tab, but that's not what I want. Any help would be
greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jem@asllp jem@asllp is offline

Excellent, thank you - I'll be able to sleep tonight!! You pointed me in the
right direction but on my Developer tab there isn't a "Legacy Forms".
However, I have now managed to customise my Quick Access Toolbar so that it
has the Legacy Tools button on it. Is there a way of putting "Legacy Forms"
onto the Developer tab?

"jem@asllp" wrote in message
I'm now using Word 2007 and want to insert a 'text form field' like I used
be able to do from the Forms toolbar in 2003. It's driving me crazy
trying
to find how to do it. I made enquiries which took me to the Controls
section
on the Developer tab, but that's not what I want. Any help would be
greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

That is very strange. There should be a Legacy Tools button in the Controls
group of the Developer tab; clicking the button should display the legacy
forms and ActiveX controls.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jem@asllp" wrote in message
I'm now using Word 2007 and want to insert a 'text form field' like I
used
be able to do from the Forms toolbar in 2003. It's driving me crazy
trying
to find how to do it. I made enquiries which took me to the Controls
section
on the Developer tab, but that's not what I want. Any help would be
greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jem@asllp jem@asllp is offline

I must apologise most sincerely. Your reply to my original question was
absolutely excellent and correct!! Unfortunately, I didn't read it properly
.... I was looking on the Developer ribbon for the words "Legacy Forms" (which
of course aren't there). However, I've learned a very valuable lesson ...
"Read the instructions!"

Again, apologies and thanks.

"jem@asllp" wrote in message
I'm now using Word 2007 and want to insert a 'text form field' like I
used
be able to do from the Forms toolbar in 2003. It's driving me crazy
trying
to find how to do it. I made enquiries which took me to the Controls
section
on the Developer tab, but that's not what I want. Any help would be
greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad everything is working the way it should. :-)

Thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP