Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLau DLau is offline

Default How to print document with field shading

If the field shading is turned on in the document, how can we get it printed?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Field shading doesn't print. What you can do is add highlighting to the
fields, for example via Find and Replace: First, press Alt+F9 to display
field codes. Then press Ctrl+H to display the Find and Replace dialog box.

"Find what": ^d
"Replace with": leave blank

With the insertion point in the "Replace with" box, click More, and then
click Format, Highlight.

Click Replace All.

Hide field codes again, by pressing Alt+F9 again.

Note that the current Highlight color will be used; make sure to select the
one you want before performing the find and replace.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DLau" wrote in message
If the field shading is turned on in the document, how can we get it
printed?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although ordinary field shading doesn't print, I believe form field shading
does print if it is displayed. As a test, create a new blank document and
insert a text form field. By default, form field shading is enabled (at
least in Word 2003), but if it's not, click the Form Field Shading button on
the Forms toolbar to turn it on. Lock the form. In Print Preview, the field
shading is shown.

"DLau" wrote in message
If the field shading is turned on in the document, how can we get it
printed?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. From the original message, it isn't clear which kind of fields
the OP wants to print, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP