Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy Cindy is offline

Default rotate text

I am trying to rotate text to vertical and I can't seem to do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patsy Patsy is offline

You can only do this in a table. When the table is created go to Format and
then Text Direction. Hope this helps.

Pat

I am trying to rotate text to vertical and I can't seem to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Format | Text Direction command is available only in text boxes, frames,
and tables.

"Cindy" wrote in message
I am trying to rotate text to vertical and I can't seem to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Cindy wrote:
I am trying to rotate text to vertical and I can't seem to do it?

File Page Setup Margins Landscape?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Cindy,

You didn't mention the version of Word you're doing, but to add to the previous answers, the ability to rotate text 90 degrees is
available within the Word document body (in addition to within shapes/table cells in newer Word versions if you enable one of the
East Asian languages (Japanese, Korean, or Chinese) in
Start=Programs=Microsoft Office=Microsoft Office Tools
using the Language Settings tool. Enabling an East Asian language doesn't mean your Word program starts doing everything in one of
those languages, just that you will have the ability to do so

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP