Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default How do I add a column of numbers in a Word table?

--
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use the Table formula command to add a field
{ =SUM(ABOVE) }

..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Where do I place the mouse cursor? Where do I type the command {=sum(above}?
--
Bill

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use the Table formula command to add a field
{ =SUM(ABOVE) }

..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You place the cursor in the cell below the column of numbers you wish to
total and you insert the formula using the Table Formula command (or Press
CTRL+F9 and type =SUM(ABOVE) between the brackets). Then press F9 to update
and ALT+F9 to display the result. (If you use Table Formula, the work is
done for you. If there are numbers in the cells above the formula will even
be placed in the formula dialog. Try it!

In Word 2007 Formula is on the Table Layout tab with your cursor in the
cell.