Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Exhibit Numbering

I have a document with several exhibits [i.e., Exhibit A, Exhibit B, etc.].
These exhibits are referred to in some paragraphs in the document and are
attached to the back of the document.

What's the best way to make sure that if Exhibits are added or taken out of
the document, the Exhibit numbers will fall into place alphabetically when
referred to in paragraphs as well as back matter to the document.

I know there's a simple answer to this, but I'm just not thinking straight
today.

Thanks in advance for this and all of your past help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use Insert | Reference | Caption to insert the exhibit captions and Insert |
Reference | Cross-reference to insert the cross-references. Note that
cross-references don't update automatically when you add/delete an exhibit,
but will update whenever fields are updated (at print time, for example).

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I have a document with several exhibits [i.e., Exhibit A, Exhibit B, etc.].
These exhibits are referred to in some paragraphs in the document and are
attached to the back of the document.

What's the best way to make sure that if Exhibits are added or taken out
of
the document, the Exhibit numbers will fall into place alphabetically when
referred to in paragraphs as well as back matter to the document.

I know there's a simple answer to this, but I'm just not thinking straight
today.

Thanks in advance for this and all of your past help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Thanks again, Suzanne!!

I was thinking along those lines but just couldn't pull it together. But,
as usual, you came through!