Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kitkat Kitkat is offline

Default Watermarks

How do I enter a new text (as a default) in the watermark section so I don't
have to type it each time I need the text?
--
Kitkat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] reitanospa1@yahoo.com is offline

There is a little workaround for custom watermarks: add a piece of
wordart (graphics or text boxes work too) to the header or footer, set
the text wrap, change the color or transparency, and position it
anywhere on the page.
Because it's tied to the header or footer you can add a different one
to each section if you like.

"Kitkat" wrote in message

How do I enter a new text (as a default) in the watermark section so I
don't
have to type it each time I need the text?
--
Kitkat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So how does that make it a selectable default? I think you missed the point
of the question. The user KNOWS how to create a watermark but wants to be
able to make it a default in the list rather than having to change it
manually.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Kitkat" wrote in message

How do I enter a new text (as a default) in the watermark section so I
don't
have to type it each time I need the text?
--
Kitkat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Or you could insert the watermark once and save it as an AutoText entry in
the Header or Footer style, after which it becomes available from the
AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

"Kitkat" wrote in message

How do I enter a new text (as a default) in the watermark section so I
don't
have to type it each time I need the text?
--
Kitkat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] reitanospa1@yahoo.com is offline

It does not make it a "selecteable default," hence my use of the word
"workaround" (noun: a plan or method to circumvent a problem (as in
computer software) without eliminating it) in my suggestion.
Sorry if my response confused you, but I was trying to point out an
alternative to the NO response that offers more options. Some people
do not realize that there are other possibilities that can achieve
similar results to Word's limited Watermark feature. That was my
point. Thanks for your pleasant feedback.

Watermarks OldManEd Page Layout 5 March 14th 06 10:44 PM
WaterMarks Heide Microsoft Word Help 1 March 6th 06 03:22 PM
Watermarks??? Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 3 March 3rd 06 05:34 AM
Watermarks Craig Microsoft Word Help 1 December 27th 05 05:02 PM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 12:25 AM