Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob in Greenwich, NY Bob in Greenwich, NY is offline

Default Find and Replace dialog box covers the found item

Hi,
In Word 2003 and 2007, when I do Find and Replace (Ctrl+H), and also
when I do Find (Ctrl+F), and I do repeat finds (pressing Enter while
the dialog box is open) the dialog box covers up the items found.

Is there a way to get the box to stay out of the way?

I can't seem to find the answer on the newsgroups.

Thanks, Bob

(Former XEDIT user. Where are ALL, LESS, and MORE when I need them?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Also, for find, there's Shift+F4 (Repeat Find).) Doesn't help with Replace,
though.

You can drag the dialog box out of the way, though (it helps more if you
have two monitors).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible