Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] hippityjop@googlemail.com is offline

Default Tickboxes

I would like to create a word document with tickboxes. Is there any
way to format these boxes so that I can 'insert' a tick into the box
so that it does not start formatting both objects around each other?

Thanks in advance,

PS Can't use macros.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] reitanospa1@yahoo.com is offline

Word has a "form" mode that can use checkboxes that allow someone to
click on them to toggle the checkmark (x, actually).
This feature does require that the document is protected in order for
the checkboxes to be interactive.
All you have to do is turn the Forms toolbar on (right-click on any
toolbar and select Forms) and then you can add textboxes, checkboxes,
and dropdowns. Note the lock button at the end of the toolbar or Tools/
Protect Document is used to make the fields active. Another nice
feature is that the user can jump from field to field using the [Tab]
key when the doc is protected.