Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hoosiermomma Hoosiermomma is offline

Default Need help with tent card template

Hi! I just downloaded the table tent card template from Office online and I
can't figure out how to rotate the whole page so that I can type in the text
boxes. Right now everything is sideways on the page. Help, please!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Momma,

The 'Table Tent' template was setup that way because Word doesn't have an 'upside down' text feature of it's own and it is a bit of
a pain to type in the template from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...182691033.aspx
(would have been easier if it had used form input fields g).
You could use the Text Direction feature of Word for the individual text boxes that make up that template as the textboxes are
fairly square, while you do your typing then change the text direction back to print correctly.

If Word 2007, select one of the text boxes ("Your event or news item") and use TextBox Tools=Format=Text=Text direction

If pre Word 2007, select one of the text boxes and use Format=Text Direction.

You could create your own template for doing that with
this method http://gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm
or the Microsoft approach:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211358/en-us?FR=1

If you also have MS Publisher you may find it easier to work there, or you can try the free Avery label wizard (http://avery.com) to