Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Neve Dave Neve is offline

Default International Character Toolbar

Hi

I've just reinstalled this bar successfully according to the Windows
Installer but it hasn't appeared in the appropriate menu to tick and make
it appear in the Windows toolbar

I'm talking about the menu where you have options like 'Forms, Automatic
Insertion, Web Tools etc'

But while looking thru the options, I did see....Japanese Greetings !!!

This certainly wasn't on my computer before and I have an English XP system
with French dictionaries installed (also French and Swedish keyboards)

Why hasn't International Wordbar appeared and is there possibly a connection
with the Japanese thing?

Really weird

Thanks in advance

Dave Neve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dave,

What are your Word Macro settings? (Tools=Options=Security)
The Word 2003 International Character Toolbar is a COM Add-in named Act.dll and won't load if macro security is set too high and/or
the publisher/location isn't a trusted source.

The Japanese Greetings feature comes from enabling that language in the Office 2003 Language settings tool
Start=Programs=Microsoft Office=Microsoft Office Tools.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
Pressing ALT+FN+character code doesn't produce international chara tony Microsoft Word Help 1 November 6th 05 12:49 AM
International Addresses Diamonds_Mine Mailmerge 6 August 5th 05 01:24 PM
International Language Lucycat Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 06:35 AM
International Characters Shortcuts polkabats Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 03:11 PM