Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Weir[_2_] J Weir[_2_] is offline

Default Short cut keys lost when new version of template is saved

I have assigned short cut keys to a set of styles in my Wrod 2007 template.

When I save the template as a new version, the short cut key assignments are
lost.

Any help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Weir[_2_] J Weir[_2_] is offline

Default More on - Short cut keys lost when new version of template is sav

It is not just with the new version - the shortcusts are lost for the current
version when I open a new document based on the tempalte.

"J Weir" wrote:

I have assigned short cut keys to a set of styles in my Wrod 2007 template.

When I save the template as a new version, the short cut key assignments are
lost.

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you open the original template as a document, via the Open dialog box,
then can you make use of the style and its keyboard shortcut?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"J Weir" wrote:

I have assigned short cut keys to a set of styles in my Wrod 2007
template.

When I save the template as a new version, the short cut key assignments
are
lost.

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J Weir[_2_] J Weir[_2_] is offline

Default Short cut keys lost, QAT lost , bullet indents change

Thanks for your posts -- I really appreciate your assistance.
QAT AND SHORT CUT KEYS LOST
I have been having inconsistent results -- I wil try to confirm exactly what
is happening before responding - possibly in a day or two.

BULLET INDENTS CHANGING ON THEIR OWN
I am also still having troulbe with indents on bullets - I have tried to
create a new set using the built in styles as the base and setting the
indents via the number dialog but still with no success.

I will perhpas try again to get rid of unwanted styles with the Add=in you
advised - failing that I am tempted to get Word reinstalled to get a totally
clean set of styles.

Can you advise, in setting up bullet styles:
- Is it essentail that the indentes for the styles are set up in the
multilevel list dialog?
- If so, is there a particular sequence that definition steps need to be
done in eg what gets done in the paragraph dialog and what gets done in the
multilevel list?

tHANKS

"J Weir" wrote:

I have assigned short cut keys to a set of styles in my Wrod 2007
template.

When I save the template as a new version, the short cut key assignments
are
lost.

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"J Weir" wrote in message
Thanks for your posts -- I really appreciate your assistance.
QAT AND SHORT CUT KEYS LOST
I have been having inconsistent results -- I wil try to confirm exactly
what
is happening before responding - possibly in a day or two.

Please do. :-)

BULLET INDENTS CHANGING ON THEIR OWN
I am also still having troulbe with indents on bullets - I have tried to
create a new set using the built in styles as the base and setting the
indents via the number dialog but still with no success.

I will perhpas try again to get rid of unwanted styles with the Add=in you
advised - failing that I am tempted to get Word reinstalled to get a
totally
clean set of styles.

If you want to restore the factory default settings of future blank
documents, just rename the normal.dotm template with Word closed; the next
time you start the application, a new copy will be created.

To rename normal.dotm, you can search for it in Windows; be sure to search
hidden files and folders.

Note that reinstalling Word does *not* restore the defaults.

Can you advise, in setting up bullet styles:
- Is it essentail that the indentes for the styles are set up in the
multilevel list dialog?

Yes, I'd set up the indentation for multilevel (outline-numbered) paragraphs
in the numbering dialog box (although some people argue that this may not be
necessary with recent versions of Word) along with all of the other
numbering options. For assistance with the settings of the dialog box, you
can still use the article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, but note
that the steps to open the dialog box are different in Word 2007.

- If so, is there a particular sequence that definition steps need to be
done in eg what gets done in the paragraph dialog and what gets done in
the
multilevel list?

No. You can change the other Paragraph settings (line spacing, spacing
before/after, alignment) at any time.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

tHANKS

"J Weir" wrote:

I have assigned short cut keys to a set of styles in my Wrod 2007
template.

When I save the template as a new version, the short cut key
assignments
are
lost.

Any help please?

how do you modify a custom style set? Style Short cut keys don't w Bob Day[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 September 1st 07 08:20 PM
Templates + short-cut keys Jane Ugilt Microsoft Word Help 4 May 10th 07 10:55 AM
retrieve saved worddocuments from a prior version to version 2003 Dennis Microsoft Word Help 2 February 13th 06 05:43 AM
short keys SandraF Microsoft Word Help 1 February 11th 06 03:51 PM
Lost product keys for the MS Word? Mohammadasif Microsoft Word Help 3 January 30th 05 05:30 AM