Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ngan adams ngan adams is offline

Default closing document from IE

I changed the folder options to have word documents open separately from IE:

My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types | Doc | Advanced and
unchecked the "Browse in same window" box

When I click on a link to open a doc file, it asks me to open or save. I
would say open and the file is opened in a separate Word window.

I can now close IE just fine (it used to hang). But now I have a problem
with closing document. When I close the document, the word window hangs for
a few minutes before it actually closes. If I try to force it before then, I
get the "Word not responding" message box.

Is there a way to get the Word window to close immediately without waiting 2
minutes?