Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nancyj nancyj is offline

Default tempalte for book with chapters

I'm trying to create a document with numbered chapters and headings that
include the chapter numbers which automatically restart numbering at the new
chapter.

The online help doesn't help, and I can't find a template. DOes anyone have
a template I could borrow? It tokk hours just to figure out how to get the
word Chapter to appear in a chapter title heading.

I hate MS WORD!!!!!

Please help.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"nancyj" wrote:

I'm trying to create a document with numbered chapters and headings that
include the chapter numbers which automatically restart numbering at the new
chapter.

The online help doesn't help, and I can't find a template. DOes anyone have
a template I could borrow? It tokk hours just to figure out how to get the
word Chapter to appear in a chapter title heading.

I hate MS WORD!!!!!

If you have to work with a tool you do not understand how to use, chances
are you are going to hate that tool!
I will be the first to agree that Word Help could be designed better and
have a better search function, but do not expect the on-line help to take the
place of a tutorial.

You should spend some time learning the basics, and maybe you won't hate it
anymore...
Go here for the basics:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html
and here for lots of materials, tips and tricks:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General.htm

You can also use Google to look for all kinds of tutorials.

Finally, next time you have a question, it would be useful to know the Word
version you are using.... The answers will be more explicit and useful...

Good luck.