Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CharlieB CharlieB is offline

Default Word 2000

I just selected Print To File. A box opened asking me to name the file which
I did.
Now, where do I find the output file? I did a file search by name and
couldn't find it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The filename will have a .prn extension; you won't see this in Word's Open
dialog unless you display All Files. As for where it's saved, it's saved to
whatever folder was the default when you saved it. If you don't remember
where this was (and you haven't subsequently changed folders to save
elsewhere), try "Print to file" again (or Save As) and note what folder
opens, then Cancel.

"CharlieB" wrote in message
I just selected Print To File. A box opened asking me to name the file
which
I did.
Now, where do I find the output file? I did a file search by name and
couldn't find it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CharlieB CharlieB is offline

Thank you Suzanne. Unfortunately, the box that opens doesn't give the option
of naming what the folder is. The printer is Brother MCF 420CN. Perhaps it is
different than others.