Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tammy tammy is offline

Default Clearing all fields after testing my form template in Word 2007

Hi,

I apologize if I chose the wrong group, but there doesn't seem to be a
specific group for my question.

I have looked in Help, but cannot find the option that allows me to clear
all the form fields in a form template after I'm done testing the fields.

I could swear there was a way to do this in 2003.

I don't want to have to delete any test text manually, and possibly also
delete the field in the process.

Does anyone know where the option is now?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In some versions, the form fields were reset when you protected/unprotected.
It seems as if the default behavior in Word 2007 is not to reset the fields.
But you can do this manually: Unprotect the document. Then press Ctrl+A (to
select all) and press F9 to update fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I apologize if I chose the wrong group, but there doesn't seem to be a
specific group for my question.

I have looked in Help, but cannot find the option that allows me to clear
all the form fields in a form template after I'm done testing the fields.

I could swear there was a way to do this in 2003.

I don't want to have to delete any test text manually, and possibly also
delete the field in the process.

Does anyone know where the option is now?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tammy tammy is offline

Default Clearing all fields after testing my form template in Word 200

Thanks so much, Stefan! Works great!

Tammy

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I apologize if I chose the wrong group, but there doesn't seem to be a
specific group for my question.

I have looked in Help, but cannot find the option that allows me to clear
all the form fields in a form template after I'm done testing the fields.

I could swear there was a way to do this in 2003.

I don't want to have to delete any test text manually, and possibly also
delete the field in the process.

Does anyone know where the option is now?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I apologize if I chose the wrong group, but there doesn't seem to be a
specific group for my question.

I have looked in Help, but cannot find the option that allows me to clear
all the form fields in a form template after I'm done testing the fields.

I could swear there was a way to do this in 2003.

I don't want to have to delete any test text manually, and possibly also
delete the field in the process.

Does anyone know where the option is now?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Hi Stefan;

this function is great. I can reset all the fields by clicking the Ctrl A &
F9 button after I unprotect the file. All the default text and the first line
of the drop down list still stays after I did the steps above, It's really
great!

Is there a way for us to do that when the form is being protected? Please
advice.
thanks in advance

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I apologize if I chose the wrong group, but there doesn't seem to be a
specific group for my question.

I have looked in Help, but cannot find the option that allows me to clear
all the form fields in a form template after I'm done testing the fields.

I could swear there was a way to do this in 2003.

I don't want to have to delete any test text manually, and possibly also
delete the field in the process.

Does anyone know where the option is now?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a macro to re-apply the protection

ActiveDocument.Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset = False

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP