Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sunshine420 Sunshine420 is offline

Default Spacebar only works with shift

I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have been using it for about 3 months, and
now suddenly when using Word or typing a message in Outlook, my spacebar will
only work when I press the shift button, too. The weird thing is, is that I
work from home using a program that uses Word, and the spacebar works fine
there. This is so frustrating...Somebody please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Do you have the correct keyboard layout enabled (in Windows Control Panel)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sunshine420" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have been using it for about 3 months, and
now suddenly when using Word or typing a message in Outlook, my spacebar
will
only work when I press the shift button, too. The weird thing is, is that
work from home using a program that uses Word, and the spacebar works fine
there. This is so frustrating...Somebody please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sunshine420 Sunshine420 is offline

Yes, I checked that and it says my device is working properly. It's the
keyboard that came with the computer, and I've been using it for a couple of
years.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do you have the correct keyboard layout enabled (in Windows Control Panel)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sunshine420" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have been using it for about 3 months, and
now suddenly when using Word or typing a message in Outlook, my spacebar
will
only work when I press the shift button, too. The weird thing is, is that
work from home using a program that uses Word, and the spacebar works fine
there. This is so frustrating...Somebody please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It sounds like you checked the keyboard in the Device Manager, but that
isn't what Stefan was referring to. Read
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do you have the correct keyboard layout enabled (in Windows Control
Panel)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sunshine420" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have been using it for about 3
months, and now suddenly when using Word or typing a message in
Outlook, my spacebar will
only work when I press the shift button, too. The weird thing is,
is that I
work from home using a program that uses Word, and the spacebar
works fine there. This is so frustrating...Somebody please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sunshine420 Sunshine420 is offline

Well, I went there but was afraid to choose any formats (didn't see one for a
US qwerty, anyway). Since the spacebar works fine when I'm working in Word
on my work program, I don't want to mess that up. I'd really like to be able
to send an e-mail, though, or type letters in Word when I'm not working. Oh,
well. Thank you very much anyway.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do you have the correct keyboard layout enabled (in Windows Control
Panel)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sunshine420" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have been using it for about 3
months, and now suddenly when using Word or typing a message in
Outlook, my spacebar will
only work when I press the shift button, too. The weird thing is,
is that I
work from home using a program that uses Word, and the spacebar
works fine there. This is so frustrating...Somebody please help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As explained in the article, just choose the language you want, and a
keyboard layout ("service" in Windows XP) in that language. For the chosen
language, you can delete any other enabled layouts.

--

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

It sounds like you checked the keyboard in the Device Manager, but that
isn't what Stefan was referring to. Read
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman