Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RRev RRev is offline

Default How do I set up defaults in word, how it opens, how it views, etc

I cannot find anywhere the screen that allows me to set the defaults for how
word opens, what the page looks like etc. some of the things I change stay
changed some do not, for some reason it now goes to Normal view when I open
it and not print layout view which is what I like. I cannot get the vertical
and horizontal scroll bar to come up on a new page without going in and
changing it everytime.
--
Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The settings you mention are set in various places. Start with
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm. If you are checking
the scroll bars on in Tools | Options | View and your settings are not being
saved, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

If you want to change the format of your default New Document, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm.