Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

Default My curser is too high on the page

Not sure what to call this.

I have Word 2007 and just started to notice this. No matter what the settings are for margins, the curser blinks at the very top of the page (on the screen) I hit ENTER a few times and bring it down when I start something. I have clicked on layout and margins and set it to "normal" and even wide size margins, but it still does this.

When it prints, it prints out where the margins should be and are set for.

Is there a setting for where the curser will show on the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This is the "white space" issue described at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. In Word 2007, go to
Office Button | Word Options | Display, and check the box for "Show white
space between pages in Print Layout view." The article explains how you may
have inadvertently hidden the white space, but note that Word 2007 requires
a double-click, which makes it a bit harder to do unintentionally.

"Carrie" wrote in message

Not sure what to call this.

I have Word 2007 and just started to notice this. No matter what the
settings are for margins, the curser blinks at the very top of the page (on
the screen) I hit ENTER a few times and bring it down when I start
something. I have clicked on layout and margins and set it to "normal" and
even wide size margins, but it still does this.

When it prints, it prints out where the margins should be and are set for.

Is there a setting for where the curser will show on the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

That seems to be it. I looked in Options, and display "show white space
between pages in print layout view" wasn't checked, so I did, and it moved
back where it should be (or I thought it should)

I wasn't thinking of it as showing white space, which makes it seem
clearer what the problem is (in order to fix it)

Thanks!