Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ryker ryker is offline

Default Activate word2002-again B.S.-Rant

We will have to agree that we disagree.

All I did was up my memory from 1 gig to 2 gigs of memory.

No other changes-non-nada-zip. And word 2002 stops functioning, and
requires a new activation. IE up and running, I use all
(IE-Firefox-Netscape), and no it won't do it over the net, has to be by
phone.

I can understand the copyright stuff of MS, and have never complained,
until now, but just to upgrade my memory to more, and have to go through
activation of word again. It wasn't the time involved either, it's the
principal evoked of doing nothing more than what I stated.

Excuse me, that's pure B___ S___.

Rant Over. Moderators delete if you want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The algorithm used is an accumulation of other possible upgrades you may
have performed too (though changing a motherboard will always trigger
reactivation). So although the memory upgrade triggered the need to
reactivate, it was not necessarily the only change that was responsible.
Network card, HAD, graphics card and processor changes all have an effect on
the need to reactivate.

However, is reactivation a problem?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP