Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Henry Stock[_2_] Henry Stock[_2_] is offline

Default I am having problems adjusting Tables

I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and I have used it for years. I know that
are different ways to adjust table widths and column widths, but I prefer to
visually adjust widths using the mouse.

However, something is preventing me from doing this now. When I create a
table from the toolbar it is automatically set so that coulmns are
specified as a preferred width and Word will not respond to my efforts to
viusally alter the width using the mouse. I have tried turning off the
preferred widths, but still can't change column widths with the mouse.

I have looked through Word Options and tried to reset the table, but somehow
I am prevented from readjusting column widths and / or row heights using the
mouse.

This is very frustrating and I would like to know what the heck changed. If
you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.