Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Changed date format

I'm trying to change the date format in Headers and footers. I've changed the
Default to English(UK) through "Insert autotext" and checked the Language
options in the Control panel and yet the date fromat in my document still
shows 4/11/08 not 11/04/08 which is what it should say.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Toggle the field (ALT+F9)
Change the date switch from
\@ "MM/dd/yy"
to \@ "dd/MM/yy"
Update (F9) then toggle the display again (ALT+F9)

BK wrote:
I'm trying to change the date format in Headers and footers. I've
changed the Default to English(UK) through "Insert autotext" and
checked the Language options in the Control panel and yet the date
fromat in my document still shows 4/11/08 not 11/04/08 which is what
it should say.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You probably need to look at Regional settings in the Control Panel as Word
is influenced by the format set in Windows: it may be set to US format too.

Terry