Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.web.authoring
John[_9_] John[_9_] is offline

Default Word 2003 to html

Hi

Is there a way to get a clean (enough) html file from a word 2003 doc?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.web.authoring
Gordon Gordon is offline

"John" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a way to get a clean (enough) html file from a word 2003 doc?

What do you mean by a "clean (enough)" file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.web.authoring
John[_9_] John[_9_] is offline

Something I can use as a html mailer. Right now if I want to use word saved
web page as a mailer it asks permission to open an active x.

Thanks

Regards

"Gordon" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a way to get a clean (enough) html file from a word 2003 doc?

What do you mean by a "clean (enough)" file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.web.authoring

Hi John,

It's going to depend in part on what you have in the HTML content. If you're using any of the Web Toolbar items for forms, for
example, those are mainly ActiveX controls.

File=Save as=Web Page-filtered, and Tools=Options=General=Web Page Options set to turn off PNG graphics, turn off vector markup
and set for lowest browser # also help with that, but Word's HTML tools are mainly for creating web documents that can be later
restored as Word documents.

If you have MS Outlook you may want to consider creating your mailing there, not using Word as the Outlook email editor.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP