Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Stan is offline

Default Rectangle symbols

Windows XP Home and Word 2003. Ocasionally I open a word file and I get some
rectangle symbols instead of the text and lately I get similar symbols in an
occasional email. Here is an example: "family site" from an email. What
is this and can I do anything to correct it? I'm not sure but I seem to
remember awhile back when this occurred I got a message asking if I wanted
to install a converter and then that message disappeared. I am confused. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Stan