Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How to get to email from Word - separated from original thread

Sorry to break the thread, but replying to the original thread now produces
an error message

The suggested changes don't make any difference to the essential premise
that it all works as long as Outlook is running in the background.

Stepping though the code has provided inconsistent results. It usually
crashes at the line

strEMail = Application.GetAddress("", strEMail, False, 1, , , True, True)
when the address is selected from the dialog and you OK out of the dialog;
but I have noticed that this call has produced crashes in other routines
where Outlook is not running.

This occurs in both Word 2003 and 2007.

I have tested the macro on another PC with a much simpler configuration
(only Office 2003 SP2 on that machine) and there the PC does not crash when
running the macro, yet still the text is only pasted when Outlook is already
running in the background.

I suspect that there may be issues relating to running Office 2007 and Word
2003 in the same operating system that are at the root of the problem. Given
that I usually have Outlook running all the time, it is not a big deal - and
the OP who raised the issue seems to have it tamed.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
It would be helpful if you would step through the code and pinpoint
the issue more exactly.

Also, I would suggest a bit more precision in setting where to paste
the copied content:

oItem.Display
Set objDoc = oItem.GetInspector.WordEditor
Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection
objSel.Paste