Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jay jay is offline

Default headers

can i cancel use of my header in the middle of a document? I know I can
unlink from previous and all that, but I want it and the space it takes up to
go away after a certain point in my doc. ideas? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"jay" wrote:

can i cancel use of my header in the middle of a document? I know I can
unlink from previous and all that, but I want it and the space it takes up to
go away after a certain point in my doc. ideas? thanks

If you know how to "unlink from previous and all that", then you have your
answer!

Unlink the header on the page you do not want it anymore, delete it and
reset the top margin from that point on...
If you have many sections after that point, if they are all set to "Same as
previous", they will all be blank since you created a blank header by using
Unlink from previous - and all that! ;-) ...
The resizing can be done in one shot using "From that point on" when setting
the margin in the page layout dialog when setting the first different section
in the middle of the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jay jay is offline

that worked for the first page of the new section but the old header shows up
in the pages following that one. i used one of the pre-formatted headers in
word, with a red box as a graphic where the page number is. i can delete the
text from the header on the following pages but that darn box keeps
re-appearing. grrrr.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"jay" wrote:

can i cancel use of my header in the middle of a document? I know I can
unlink from previous and all that, but I want it and the space it takes up to
go away after a certain point in my doc. ideas? thanks

If you know how to "unlink from previous and all that", then you have your
answer!

Unlink the header on the page you do not want it anymore, delete it and
reset the top margin from that point on...
If you have many sections after that point, if they are all set to "Same as
previous", they will all be blank since you created a blank header by using
Unlink from previous - and all that! ;-) ...
The resizing can be done in one shot using "From that point on" when setting
the margin in the page layout dialog when setting the first different section
in the middle of the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Each section can have up to three different headers (and footers), namely,
if you have enabled both "Different first page" and "Different odd and even"
in Page Setup. Each type of header (footer) must be separately unlinked from
its neighbor in the preceding section. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"jay" wrote:

[...]

numbered outline: convert numbers in headers to text in headers Adrian Lowdike Page Layout 5 October 1st 06 10:23 PM
Need templare with headers, sub-headers & Table content Bob Vancouver Page Layout 3 May 1st 06 02:25 PM
Headers Missy Page Layout 2 January 13th 06 05:21 PM
Running Headers Separate from Page Headers mbaird Page Layout 1 October 5th 05 08:56 AM
Help - Headers - linking to previous headers not working properly Dab Page Layout 3 May 12th 05 10:50 PM