Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Converting Resume Wizard 2007 to 2003 Format - Everything went Wacky!!!!

There's no "converting" necessary. Just a Save As and change the file type.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"-=NINJA=-" wrote in message

Hi

I'm touching up my resume but am running in to the problem of most
business' can't accept .docx.

My resume is done in .docx using the resume wizard and one of the
templates. I am trying in vain to convert and save into 97-2003 mode,
but it just messes the whole thing up completely.

Of course the format for the resume wizard doesn't wanna allow you to
do anything to change the format of it once you change it. It makes
the line spacing different, and in the new office I don't even know
where the thing to change line spacing is

Any tips of suggestions would be a huge help and I thank in advance.

--
-=NINJA=-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
-=NINJA=-[_2_] -=NINJA=-[_2_] is offline

Yes I know how Microsoft wants me to do it, maybe I'm using the wrong
word in format; it changes the layout where it pushes me to two
pages,with a good 40% of both pages just blank space. Now i do notice
there is subtle change in line spacing, but not huge. I have tryed
trying to backspace everything up, change the margins, use the little
white box thingy to change dimensional proportions but to no success.

My friend tells me that this is because i used to Resume Wizard to
create the document in the first place.

Basically I just wanna see if i can just have it saved over to .doc in
exactly the way I made it in .docx. I don't wanna have to redo the
whole thing manually in .doc format cuz i spent a better part of the
day making it.

Thanks For any Help
JoAnn Paules;2748333 Wrote:
There's no "converting" necessary. Just a Save As and change the file
type.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"-=NINJA=-" wrote in message
...-

Hi

I'm touching up my resume but am running in to the problem of most
business' can't accept .docx.

My resume is done in .docx using the resume wizard and one of the
templates. I am trying in vain to convert and save into 97-2003
mode,
but it just messes the whole thing up completely.

Of course the format for the resume wizard doesn't wanna allow you to
do anything to change the format of it once you change it. It makes
the line spacing different, and in the new office I don't even know
where the thing to change line spacing is

Any tips of suggestions would be a huge help and I thank in advance.

--
-=NINJA=- -

--
-=NINJA=-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

What if...........(I'm just thinking out loud)..........Open a new doc, save
it as 97-2003, open your resume, copy and paste from resume to new .doc
file. Save it again. Does that work?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules;2748333 Wrote:
There's no "converting" necessary. Just a Save As and change the file
type.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"-=NINJA=-" wrote in message
...-

Hi

I'm touching up my resume but am running in to the problem of most
business' can't accept .docx.

My resume is done in .docx using the resume wizard and one of the
templates. I am trying in vain to convert and save into 97-2003
mode,
but it just messes the whole thing up completely.

Of course the format for the resume wizard doesn't wanna allow you to
do anything to change the format of it once you change it. It makes
the line spacing different, and in the new office I don't even know
where the thing to change line spacing is

Any tips of suggestions would be a huge help and I thank in advance.

--
-=NINJA=- -

--
-=NINJA=-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
-=NINJA=-[_3_] -=NINJA=-[_3_] is offline

Ya I tryed that too, same results. It's the headers and how things are
layed out, its like Microsoft made them permanant and unchangeable.

Why does Microsoft have to make things so difficult. Resume's are one
the main uses for Microsoft word, you'd think they make it somewhat
seamless with the Resume Wizard.

JoAnn Paules;2748907 Wrote:
What if...........(I'm just thinking out loud)..........Open a new doc,
save
it as 97-2003, open your resume, copy and paste from resume to new .doc

file. Save it again. Does that work?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

-=NINJA=-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I don't use wizards for my resume, nor do I use a Microsoft templates so I
can't answer your question. (I prefer that my resume not look like everyone
else's resume.)

As for your resume, very, very little is "permanent and unchangeable". It
may not be as simple as a click, click and you're done, but I'd be willing
to bet a tank of gas that it can be done in a relatively short time period.
Care to accept my challenge? ;-) If so, contact me offline.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules;2748907 Wrote:
What if...........(I'm just thinking out loud)..........Open a new doc,
save
it as 97-2003, open your resume, copy and paste from resume to new .doc

file. Save it again. Does that work?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

-=NINJA=-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I won't "redo" it for you, but I'll help you get over this obstacle. Send
the $10 to the SPCA or to a women's shelter instead. -)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]